Property is essential to business and essential for business. Property is not just a building, some premises, or a piece of land; it is part of a bigger commercial picture and whether you are buying or selling, leasing or renting, we can help.
Our team of specialist lawyers handle every type of commercial property transaction. We are here for the big deals - the major land purchases, property developments, and financial investment agreements. We are also here for the everyday, including advice on problematic tenants, rent reviews and shop leases.
Our clients are businesses and individuals with an interest in the ownership, disposal, or renting of property. They are landlords and tenants, developers and landowners, commercial lenders and borrowers based in the UK and further afield. We act for pension funds and banks. Through us clients get a clear guidance, creative solutions and an uncompromising will to deliver workable, commercial, secure outcomes.
We get to know you and your objectives. We are upfront on fees, jargon-free and legally and commercially astute.
We specialise in:
- Investment – we act for a number of investors who acquire and dispose of investment properties
- Acquisitions and Disposals – we act for a wide range of owner occupiers who acquire and dispose of freehold and leasehold property
- Development – we act for developers who are acquiring sites and developing them. We deal with the negotiations with landowners, local authorities, service providers, lenders, tenants, contractors and professional designers
- Construction – we act for contractors and professional designers negotiating building contracts appointments, collateral warranties, novations, bonds and guarantees
- Landlord and Tenant – we act separately for both landlords and tenants in the process of granting and accepting leases, renewing leases and forfeiting leases. We deal with all Landlord and Tenant Act matters
- Management – we deal with all management matters arising out of the leases – assignments, licences to assign, sublet and alter, guarantees, rent deposits and Authorised Guarantee Agreements
- Commercial Mortgages – we act for commercial lenders who are lending money to investors and developers. We also act for investors and purchasers who are borrowing money.
- Corporate Support – we support our Corporate law department when they are acquiring and disposing of companies and partnerships which own property
- Expert Guidance – we have he ability to provide expert evidence on procedural and funding issues for prosecuting authorities and defence teams
- Pension Trusts – we act for pension trustees when they decided to invest pension funds in commercial property
- Dispute Resolution – if you or your business is involved in a commercial property dispute, our business disputes department can help.