Latest News

Q. I want to bring a Claim to an Employment Tribunal against my former employer but understand I now have to pay a fee to do so.  Is this correct?

Q. I went into business last year with a friend, and we both invested £5,000 into marketing and premises. We found out that we just couldn't work together and decided to part company, but she wants to continue to run the business alone. I would like my initial investment back but she says no way. What can I do?

Free talk at Maxey village hall by resident solicitors Greg Baker and Sarah Dawson

Q. I am the owner of a company and I have been threatened by a creditor that it is going to issue a winding up petition. What can I do? I dispute that I owe this company any money.

A fantastic turnout at the Great Eastern Run on Sunday by TEAMJESS despite the heavy rain. “The incredible support shown around the course from the people of Peterborough was quite amazing” said one of the runners, “all we could hear was ‘COME ON TEAMJESS’ “.

I am the owner of a small but successful business and I expect that if I were to die shortly that my estate, including the value of my business, might be worth over the Inheritance Tax Threshold of £325,000. Am I right that the value of the business will be included in my estate for working out the value for Inheritance Tax purposes?

We are proud to announce we have achieved the Investors In the Environment Bronze award.

Three months after buying our new home the boiler stopped working, can I reclaim the cost from the seller?

Help to Buy scheme stage two launched early

Companies House rolls out new logo

Solicitor in the Company department Ashley Kidd explains what an NDA is and why they are used.

I lent £15,000 to my son and daughter in law three years ago so they could buy a house. They have since split up, and my son has moved out of the property. Can I get my money back from my former daughter in law?

Wills, trusts and wealth management specialist Jo Wild explains the importance of updating your Will if you buy property abroad.

Remember a Charity logoHegarty Solicitors is proud to be supporting the annual 'Remember a Charity' week (9-15 September) to encourage people to think about leaving a gift to charity in their Will.

Family lawyer Katherine Brown explains what to do if you were married abroad and subsequently want to divorce.

Martin and Lucy BloomHegarty Solicitors is pleased to announce the appointment of newly qualified solicitor Lucy Bloom, daughter of partner Martin Bloom, to its expanding Trust and Probate department.

Wills, Trusts and Wealth Management specialist Jo Wild explains the benefits of owning property as 'tenants-in-common' for Inheritance Tax planning purposes.

Family lawyer Katherine Brown explains how you can obtain a copy of your Decree Absolute.

Business in Peterborough appears to be well on the way to economic recovery, with a marked increase in mergers and acquisitions activity amongst local firms in the first half of 2013.  Peterborough-based law firm Hegarty Solicitors completed an...

Wills, Trusts and Wealth Management specialist Jo Wild explains why it may be a good idea to get a certificate from your GP before making or updating a Will if you are elderly, poorly or frail.

Criminal defence lawyer Sarah Acres explains the benefits of having solicitor representation at a police station if you are accused of a crime.

Solicitor Andrew Hornsby explains your options for resolving disputes over building work.

Solicitor Sarah Acres explains the totting up process.

Partner and debt recovery specialist Kally Singh explains your options if a business customer cannot pay their bill.

Employment Law specialist Emma Carter explains your options as an employer if you suspect a staff member of theft.