I've Been Injured In An Accident

Accidents can happen to us all. Their cause and their effect may be out of your control, but we can help you to not only get the compensation you are entitled to, but also to make sure your interests are protected longer term.

 Personal Injury Compensation

If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for care and treatment costs, loss of earnings, or home-modification expenses for example. Our specialist personal injury lawyers have the experience and expertise to get the best result possible for you.

 Wills, Trusts & Wealth Management

Some injuries can be life changing. Short-term plans are put on hold and long-term plans may be turned upside down. When the future begins to look a little different, it is important that any plans you have made are adjusted to keep up.

You may want to consider setting up a Trust to protect any damages awarded from being taken into account for means tested state benefits.  Trusts are an ideal way of protecting your assets and are tax efficient.  You may also want to consider making a will or amending an existing will.

Our specialist Wills, Trusts and Wealth Management department can help.

 Continuing NHS Healthcare & Long-Term Care

Accidents can have long term consequences, and paying for care can be very expensive. If you have a serious health condition then you may qualify for NHS Continuing Healthcare.  This is a package of continuing care provided outside hospital arranged and funded solely by the NHS for people with ongoing care needs.  In a care home, as well as healthcare and personal care, the NHS will pay for care home fees, including board and accommodation.

Eligibility for Continuing NHS Healthcare is assessment based. If you feel that you or a loved one has been wrongly turned down for continuing care funding, we can help. In many cases, we have been able to claim back nursing care home fees that have already been paid, including after a person’s death. (There are strict expiry dates for claims).  Speak to our Wills, Trusts and Wealth Management team for further advice.

 Powers Of Attorney

If you are concerned that you may be unable to make your own decisions because of the risk of diminished mental capacity, perhaps due to dementia, head injury, stroke, learning difficulties or mental health problems, then you can make arrangements for someone else to look after your affairs.  Our team can arrange for a Lasting Power of Attorney to be put in place.

 Court Of Protection

If someone you care about is no longer able to make decisions about their health and welfare, finances and property, and a suitable Power of Attorney is not in place, help is available.  You can apply to the Court of Protection to appoint a deputy to make decisions about  the incapacitated person’s financial matters and, in some cases, health and welfare issues as well.

Whatever support you need, our Wills, Trusts and Wealth Management specialists can help you to put the right arrangements in place to make sure that you and your loved ones are provided for in future.

Sean Rowcliffe
01733 295638
Personal Injury
Andrew Hornsby
01733 295635
Consumer Law, Debt and Insolvency, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury