Our Environmental Policy
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment by the Partners of Hegarty LLP to collaborate with our staff, clients, suppliers and neighbours to reduce our environmental impact.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the provision of legal services:
- Waste disposal and recycling
- Consumption of energy, water and other resources
- Production, management and disposal of correspondence and paper files
- Consumption of paper
- Consumption of printer cartridges
- Travel to, from and between our offices and visits to clients, court and conferences
The company is committed to reducing these and other impacts and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to each location in which we operate. We will do this by:
- Meeting and where possible exceeding all environmental regulations relevant to our organisation and its activities
- Increasing cost-effectiveness by recording and reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Reducing our carbon footprint both locally and in the wider environment
- Setting targets for measurable annual improvements
- Making our progress available for independent assessment
- Sourcing sustainable goods
- Encouraging our staff to participate and offer suggestions on how we may improve our performance
By making the business greener, more efficient and achieving cost effectiveness, the intention would be to release funds back into the firm for investment in the business and in our staff.
It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy through active participation and co-operation.
For environmental enquiries please contact our Green Champion:
T: 01733 295651