Proof Of Identity
At your first appointment, we may need to verify your identity before we can proceed with your case. If you have been asked to provide identification, you will need to bring with you either one item from List A and one item from List B or two items from List B.
- Valid full passport
- Valid H.M. Forces identity card (1250) bearing signatory’s photograph
- Valid UK photocard driving licence
- Cheque guarantee card or debit card and a statement less than three months old
- Credit card and a statement less than three months old
- Firearm and shotgun certificate
- Receipted utility bill less than three months old (but not a mobile phone bill)
- Current Council Tax bill
- Council rent book showing rent paid for past three months
- Mortgage statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended
All items in List B must show your current address. We can normally only accept original documents, not photocopies.
It helps to have a clear understanding of your case. Names and addresses of any other parties involved are important, and it also helps to have accurate dates of when problems began or when you received any correspondence.
Any Relevant Paperwork
It will help if you can bring with you to the first meeting any paperwork relating to your case. If you are not sure which papers are relevant, bring anything you think will be helpful. This will make it much quicker and easier to find out what you need and how we can help you.
Depending on your individual situation, paperwork may include:
- Correspondence, including emails
- Accident reports
- Employment materials, such as an employee handbook
- Witness statements
- Title documents and mortgage details if you are selling a property
Applying For Legal Aid
We are only able to take on Legal Aid cases through our criminal law department. If you think you may be eligible for Legal Aid, please contact us for a free assessment. If you do qualify for Legal Aid and you are on Income Support or Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance then please bring a letter confirming your benefits with you.