Client area and payments Make an enquiry
Moving House

Do I need a survey?

If you are having a mortgage your lender will arrange a valuation survey on the property. This is a basic survey which is only for the benefit of the mortgage lender and will not consider the condition of the property in detail.

Your home is one of the largest purchases you will make, it is sensible to ensure its condition is checked properly for potential problems by an expert so, whilst it is not obligatory, we always recommend you commission a HomeBuyer report or full structural survey yourself. To find local surveyors in your area ask for recommendations from friends & family or your conveyancer.

Do you want find out more?

Make an enquiry online Contact the Peterborough office Contact the Stamford office Contact the Oakham office Contact the Market Deeping Office