Client area and payments Make an enquiry
Court of Protection

What is a Statutory Will and can I make one?

To make a standard Will, you have to understand what you own, what making a Will means and who your loved ones are. If you are unable to do this you cannot make a Will. If you did write one it would not be legal or valid. A Statutory Will can be made in these circumstances.

The Court has to give permission for a Statutory Will. An application can be made by a Deputy, Attorney or someone who is likely to inherit.

Making a Statutory Will application can be complicated because of the Court of Protection requirements so you should seek legal advice.

If you would like further advice, please contact Andrea Beesley Hewitt at Hegarty Solicitors on 01733 295 552 or email 

Do you want find out more?

Make an enquiry online Contact the Peterborough office Contact the Stamford office Contact the Oakham office Contact the Market Deeping Office