Hegarty Solicitors, one of the region’s leading law firms, are recruiting a 0 to 3 year PQE Solicitor to join our Litigation department. The role will be based at our Peterborough office.
The successful candidate will be a have a sound knowledge of Civil and Commercial Litigation Law and be capable of managing their own caseload, in a wide range of cases including but not limited to Commercial Property disputes, breach of contract claims, contentious probate, shareholder and director disputes, housing disputes. They will be comfortable working both independently and also as part of the team and supporting colleagues with their work. They will need excellent management, communication and organisational skills, proficiency in IT, and have a polite and professional manner.
- Provision of appropriate legal advice
- Managing relationships with clients and third parties
- Attending mediation/ settlement meetings
- Issue court proceedings and deal with disclosure and drafting witness statements
- Prepare trial bundles and documentation required by the court pre and post-trial
- Strong communication skills, able to understand the client’s objectives and explain options in an accessible manner.
- Great attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office products.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ensure that challenging deadlines are met.
- Maintains a positive attitude, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work within the discipline of office targets, budgets and billing requirements
- To undertake appropriate continuing education to update and retain that knowledge
- Willingness to develop existing advocacy skills
In return we are offering a competitive salary, 25 days holiday year in addition to Bank Holidays, Bupa, pension scheme, death in service benefit of twice the annual salary, bonus scheme, long service awards and free parking.
For further information please contact Jo Hepplewhite on 01733 295651 or to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com