Hegarty Solicitors, one of the region’s leading law firms, are recruiting a Solicitor to join our Criminal Law Department based at our Peterborough office. If you are a Qualified Duty Criminal Solicitor with at least 1 year PQE, we would like to hear from you. However, this is just a guide and candidates with more or less experience may be considered.
Crime Duty accreditation is essential and Higher Rights of Audience would be beneficial but is not essential.
The successful candidate will be a confident advocate and demonstrate the ability to deal with a range of clients at all levels. You will have a sound knowledge of Criminal Law and be capable of managing your own Criminal matters caseload whilst working as a team with our existing Duty Criminal Solicitor. You will need excellent management, communication and organisational skills, proficiency in IT, and have a polite and patient manner.
- To act as an advocate in court on a wide variety of cases
- To prepare cases for Crown Court and to represent clients at police stations
- To act as a Duty Solicitor
- Drafting legal documents
- To work outside office hours as necessary
- Flexibility to travel and work from any of our offices and attend Courts at different locations
- Ability to work within the discipline of office targets, budgets and billing requirements
- To undertake appropriate continuing education to update and retain that knowledge
In return we are offering a competitive salary with out of hours payments, 25 days holiday year in addition to Bank Holidays, Bupa, pension scheme, death in service benefit of twice the annual salary and free parking.
For further information please email Jo Hepplewhite on email@example.com