Hegarty Solicitors, one of the region’s leading law firms, are recruiting a Chartered Legal Executive or Solicitor to join our Family department. The role can be based at either our Peterborough, Oakham or Stamford office.
The successful candidate will be a confident advocate and demonstrate the ability to deal with a range of privately funded family law matters including divorce, Applications in respect of international and domestic child abduction, Forced Marriages, Change of Name Deeds/Deed Poll, Affidavits for Marriage and urgent applications for any necessary injunctions in relation to domestic violence.
You will have a sound knowledge of Family Law and be capable of managing your own caseload, working both independently, and also as part of the team, supporting your colleagues with their work. You will need excellent management, communication and organisational skills, proficiency in IT, and have a polite and patient manner.
- To act as an advocate in court on a wide variety of cases.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Flexibility to travel and work from any of our offices and attend Courts at different locations.
- Ability to work within the discipline of office targets, budgets and billing requirements.
- To undertake appropriate continuing education to update and retain that knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure.
In return we are offering a competitive salary, 25 days holiday year in addition to Bank Holidays, Bupa, pension scheme, death in service benefit of twice the annual salary, bonus scheme and free parking.