At Hegarty Solicitors we have expertise in handling potentially complex planning and commercial property disputes as well as planning agreements, development negotiations and construction contracts.
Our solicitors understand the commerciality of issues as well as the law and will provide advice supported by extensive industry experience.
Real Estate Litigation and Planning Disputes
Our clients benefit from our breadth of experience of the property market and we pride ourselves on the detail and promptness of our advice. We strive to protect your interest in connection with a full range of construction and engineering disputes, whether you are a contractor, sub-contractor, developer, public or private sector property owner.
We aim to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently using a range of dispute resolution options. We can advise on:
- Major construction disputes between contractor and developer: Failures to complete, warranty claims, joint venture disputes and limited partner disputes.
- Insolvency associated disputes: We are retained by a number of Insolvency practitioners advising on remedies available to the Landlord, consequential to a potentially insolvent tenant.
- Neighbour disputes: Right to Light claims, boundary issues, trespass, nuisance, Restrictive Covenants and Rights of Access.
- Landlord and tenant disputes.
- Possession claims: Dilapidations, Lease renewal or business tenancy claims arising from the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, rent reviews, service charge claims, forfeiture actions.
- Professional negligence claims: In respect of advice given by Surveyors, management companies, valuers, agents and solicitors.
- Enfranchisement: Advice as to Lease extension and collective enfranchisement, i.e. freehold purchase claims.
- Multi-party disputes and group actions.
From small and medium sized local firms to nationally and internationally recognised clients within the industry, we continue to pride ourselves on building strong relationships with our clients and delivering sound, reliable advice they can count on.
In addition to Litigation and Dispute advice, construction specialists from our Commercial Property and Corporate teams provide our clients with a wide range of innovative legal responses to their business issues, offering advice on:
- Construction contracts
- Development negotiations
- Investment opportunities
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Landlord and tenant matters